SSH Sessions are dropping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-01 18:58:04
Model: Archer AX1800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20201202 rel.76564(5553)

Hardware: Archer AX1800

Firmware: 1.2.1 Build 20201202 rel.76564(5553)

I recently purchased this TP-Link AX1800 / Archer AX21 v1.20 router to replace my NetGear Router because it wasn't supporting IPv6 well (which I need for work).

SSH sessions keep dropping.  Consider that I often have 6+ ssh sessions running (via tmux) this is a significant problem.  If I can't figure it out, I'll have to try a different router.

I have confirmed that SSH sessions are dropping regardless of whether it is over IPv4 or IPv6

I have ssh configured properly on my Windows machine to not drop idle SSH sessions.  It  worked fine with this computer and the NetGear router, so the only variable is the TP-Link router.

I suspect/hope that are TP-Link session or timeout settings that I am unable to identify that may resolve this issue. 

Please advice.

A possibly related problem: I am also noticing that ALL IPv6 access to the internet periodically drops out. I confirm this via https://test-ipv6.com/ which fails). I am able to continue working via IPv4 access.     Software disconnecting (ie via my PC network connectivity) to the TP-Link router and reconnecting to TP-Link router resolves the problem (and with the same IPv6 address).   This also causes all my ssh sessions to be lost, requiring re-logging in.   If solving this SSH session dropping issue doesn't also solve this IPv6 access issue, I will start a new thread on just that topic.

Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:SSH Sessions are dropping
2021-02-02 07:02:50

@TallGuyNYC 

Thank you for posting on the TP-Link Community.

Can you please verify how do you use the SSL sessions? What is the detailed network diagram/layout? Who is your ISP, please?

What if you disable the IPv6, just verify if the issue caused by the IPv6 connection?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 769

Replies: 1

Related Articles