Archer CR700 2.4Ghz continually fails, 5Ghz works all the time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-30 16:28:39
Model: Archer CR700  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Build 20170314 Rel542320

To whom it may concern:

My Archer CR700 has since day one had an issue with the 2.4Ghz wireless network randomly fails to broadcast or keep devices linked, which causes me to change one of the settings (Usually the channel) and then save the new settings and the the previously working devices will re-link! I did not find any reviews or posts prior to purchasing this device, and had I, I would not have purchased this pain in the ass, poor quality device. I sought assistance and have posted several time on this website, so that other's are aware!!!!!

I have since found one and only one thing that lengthens the random loss of the 2.4Ghz network, and that is to set up and use the MAC ID Filtering. When I add the MAC ID for all the devices that I plan to use on the 2.4Ghz network with. Mind you this is still a pain in the ass to have to change a setting or reboot the device. I will when $$ permits replace this Cable Modem with a different manufactures products.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer CR700 2.4Ghz continually fails, 5Ghz works all the time
2021-01-02 13:54:23

@ViktumOfLuv 

Hey

MAC filtering is a control of access method and should not (theoretically) affect any performance on the 2.4ghz band.  

We can look into this for you but we would need some more information, what channel are you currently using and what width (20/40)?    Also what are the connected devices experiencing the issue and the firmware of the CR700 would help.

I personally would start with a wifi scan, soemething to show you the nearby APs and what channel they are using.  2.4 is a very congested range generally so avoidance of the neighbors can be difficult, something like wifi analyser would help you achieve this.

If you wish to post the pics of wifi anylser and your current 2.4 setup we will take a look and help where possible.  The screen below for example

Options