TL-WPA4220-KIT Version 4 - Huge lag spikes on online games (Tried to fix with tpPLC but didn't help)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WPA4220-KIT Version 4 - Huge lag spikes on online games (Tried to fix with tpPLC but didn't help)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-09 11:37:24
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.4.0.20-00_422014_181207_902

I bought a TL-WPA4220-KIT Version 4 last month to replace a NETGEAR powerline adaptor so I could get wifi as well as a ethernet connection in a room that is far from the router.

All was working fine until I tried to do online gaming via the ethernet connection, where I found that there would be huge lag spikes on all the online games that I played. When I changed back to the Netgear powline adaptor there wasn't any problem so I know that it must be the TPLink Powerline adaptor. I tried using the tpPLC program and set the prioity to online games (it was set to that anyway) and it didn't help.

Is there any way I can fix this without going back to my netgear powerline adaptor?

Thanks.

Martin.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WPA4220-KIT Version 4 - Huge lag spikes on online games (Tried to fix with tpPLC but didn't help)
2020-12-18 03:01:47

@YellowBentine 

Good day,

Sorry for the delay.

Did you still have the same issue on the TL-WPA4220v4

If yes, please send me a private message for notice and I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers.

By the way, at the same time, could you please help me check the following information:

1. Did the high ping spike only occur to online gaming?

--if yes, could you please provide some pictures about the ping spike test result;

2. How much of your internet bandwidth from the powerline adapters?

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Options