Wireless devices unable to connect to Deco M5 - Says password is incorrect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-14 16:25:05

Hi,

I have just set up my 3 TP Link M5 mesh system. Once it was all set up, the only device that can connect to the network wirelessly is the mobile phone that I set it up on. All other devices say that the network key in incorrect. i have been in the app and changed the password several times and still nothing will connect wirelessly apart from the mobile I used to set it all up on. Devices that are connected via Ethernet work fine.

Also if I go into the app and change it to "Guest Network", it then allows devices to connect without having to put a password in.

Any ideas??

Simon 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wireless devices unable to connect to Deco M5 - Says password is incorrect
2020-11-16 06:25:43

@simonbro 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

After changing the password, have you tried to reboot the Deco to have a look?

Are there any special characters of the passwordif just a few numbers, are you able to connect?

As for the guest network, if you set up the same password for the guest, are you still able to connect?

Later we would like to follow up on your case by email and please feel free to update the email with more details.

Thanks a lot.

Options