New Archer A9 - no Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-09 16:17:00
Model: Archer A9  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 20200114

Hi,

I recently purchased an Archer A9 which is connected inside my house.

The setup is as follows:

- I have a router from my ISP (not TP-Link) at the entrance of my house, which brings the Internet to my home. This is working perfectly.

- I have Ethernet cables that I wired through the walls from that main router to various rooms in the house. All of them work perfectly as well (plugging directly to the wall).

- In my living room, I used to have an additional router (getting its Internet from the wall there), so I can get both Wi-Fi in this area of the house, and wired Internet for two stationary devices (cable box and Smart TV - two different Ethernet connections). It was an older router, so provided lower bandwidth than what I get to my house (1 Gbps), and that's why I bought the A9. Tried connecting the A9 in the same exact way.

Issue is: when I plug the A9 (Ethernet cables from the wall and to the two clients - TV and cable box), I get an orange light saying Internet connection is broken, and in fact I can only log to the admin panel through intranet Wi-Fi, but I don't get Internet. Important note that kind of rules out many directions - it worked for a few days when I bought the router, then suddenly stopped, then I tried all sorts of voodoos (all online suggestions, resetting, rebooting) and it got temporarily fixed, then broke again after a few days, then fixed again by voodoo for two months, then broke again, and now I can't get it to work. My point is that it seems there's no missing/bad configuration, otherwise it would've never worked.

Things I tried: factory resets, upgrading to latest firmware, replacing all relevant cables, changing to Access Point mode, making sure the connection on the wall works (by plugging a laptop/my TV directly to the wall), replacing to a different A9 device (store replaced it after not knowing how to resolve), checking subnet of my ISP and making sure there's no collision with the one the A9 is creating.

P.S - I saw a similar thread here that got answered by "need to put ISP credentials", which is not the case here as this is only an additional router inside my home network.

Any ideas???

Thanks,

Ido.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 492

Replies: 0

Related Articles