Archer A9 Wifi Internet Problems - Windows 10

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-11 18:28:23 - last edited 2020-07-29 20:59:27
Model: Archer A9  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

I just bought the A9 router  a week ago but have noticed intermittent problems maintaining the Internet connection from ISP.

Troubleshooting:

-Reset ISP modem, reset to factory 3x

-Call ISP support, advised my signals are perfect, no issues, they did not see any problems from their end.

Setup:

-Updated firmware on A9 after setting it up, latest firmware loaded.

-ISP Rogers modem set to Bridge mode

-ISP modem connected to WAN port on A9

-1 LAN port is for PS4

-1 LAN port is for Smart TV

-6 Wifi devices setup to use A9's WiFi

2.4 seems to be ok, but the speeds are horrible, and on the 5G wifi, I can't get any connections for some reason now.  Not sure what happened.

What would cause a sudden problem with maintaining proper and full 2.4 and 5G speeds/connections?   The router shows green for Internet connection.  Speeds are just not 100MB as I have with my ISP.

*Seems to be only on Windows 10* 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer A9 Wifi Internet Problems
2020-06-12 02:55:38

@rayray519 

Hello, thanks for the detailed information.

Do you mean Rogers gives you 100MB download speed? How about the speed you can get when you wired a PC directly to Rogers's modem? And how about the speed on the PC if you wire it only to the Archer A9 with cable and leave other clients disconnected?

Back to the Archer A9, did you try to reset it to the factory defaults after the firmware update? If not yet, please give it a go and see the results.

If the 2.4G is still slow, try to modify the wireless settings like channel and channel width, below is the guide:

Changing Channel and Channel Width on a TP-Link Router

As for the 5G, do you mean no device can connect to it? Are your phones or Wi-Fi devices equipped with 5G Wi-Fi adapters? If there is a device working on 5G, please try to change the 5G wireless settings on the router as well.

Options
Re:Archer A9 Wifi Internet Problems - Windows 10
2020-07-29 20:53:53 - last edited 2020-07-29 20:57:28

@Solla-topee Thanks for the reply.  After a bit more time has past, I have narrowed it down a bit more now.

So, with Rogers modem I still have bridge mode off, wifi off, and DHCP off.  Archer A9 is handling all the DHCP, wifi etc.

All other peripherals I have that connect to A9, are working fine, except 2 Windows 10 laptops.  Seems now they will show up with "No Internet, secured" showing for any of the Archers AP's.  I can power cycle the router, and then it will come back.  At the time, my kids migth be playing PS4 which is hard wired into the Archer.  

To answer your other question, no I didn't factory reset after updating the firmware.  Is it too late to still do that?

2G or 5G, they both have the same problem.

I have to work in a remote room away from the router.  I can get a solid connection without problems over LAN to A9, its seems to be just the wireless problems on Windows 10.  This is a Dell laptop Latitude E5570.

At any given time during the day,  one kid might be streaming youtube, another maybe on netflix.  At another time, someone might be on the PS4 gaming.  Rare to have them all doing that at once.  Just odd that only Windows 10 is showing the problems. (so renamed the title of this post).

Let me know if you have any other tips/tricks that might help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1659

Replies: 2

Related Articles