Deco M4 access point issues with Sky Q

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-07 11:48:40 - last edited 2023-11-03 01:31:31
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Wonder if anyone can help. Recently purchased a set of TP link Deco M4 units to boost the signal. Attached one by Ethernet cable to the Sky Q router (living room), turned off the wifi via the 192 site settings, and placed the other two decos on the first floor. I created a new SSID just called 'Deco' with a new password. 

In 'router' mode, all works fine. However, others had recommended the main deco should be in 'access point' mode, and when I've tried this, the wifi range seems longer and faster. However, when in this mode, the Sky Q router loses all internet functions- so, the 'home section' disappears, you can't download programmes, no voice search, etc. Put it back to 'router' mode - all comes back.

Various things I've tried include trying to connect the Q router and deco without cable; changed the cable itself; use the wps function (connects for 30 seconds, then loses internet connection); gone into 192 settings and tried setting a static ip for the main deco); tried to set the deco as a third party router (mainly this fails, but on rare occasions it works, fails after 30 seconds). 

Clearly I'm blundering around here. If anyone has experienced this issue and has resolved it, I'd really appreciate a step by step idiots guide as it's driving me mad! Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M4 access point issues with Sky Q-Solution
2023-11-03 01:31:28 - last edited 2023-11-03 01:31:31

@IanAF72 

Hi, It is suggested to refer to this link to connect Sky Q main box/mini boxes properly with Deco:

Can Sky Q work with Deco?

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M4 access point issues with Sky Q
2020-09-03 20:59:18

@IanAF72 

I'm having the exact same issue, I've had SkyQ now for 2 months and it's worked flawlessly over WiFi for that length of time all until the weekend. 

all of a sudden after a few minutes the system locks up and has to be power cycled, I've narrowed it down to the WiFi connection which is really annoying.

Ive has both the main SkyQ box and Mini wired to two decos now and everything seems to be fine.

this is either a sky or a TP-Link issue

Options
Re:Deco M4 access point issues with Sky Q-Solution
2023-11-03 01:31:28 - last edited 2023-11-03 01:31:31

@IanAF72 

Hi, It is suggested to refer to this link to connect Sky Q main box/mini boxes properly with Deco:

Can Sky Q work with Deco?

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2465

Replies: 2

Related Articles