Archer AX50 Time Machine in Access Point mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-29 17:01:10
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.08

Hi,

My new Archer AX50 has time machine functionality when it is in routing mode, but when I put it in Access Point Mode, time machine functionality is lost, and the time machine backup drive is not available on the network. This is a problem because this device is not my primary router. I do not want to set up a subnet, I simply want this device to sit on my network, act as a wireless access point, and act as a file server and time machine.

I believe this is a bug. There is no reason that time machine functionality cannot in principle be provided by a device in Access Point mode (I have two Apple Time Capsules that are doing exactly this!). Can TP-Link confirm, and can you add it to your list for investigation?

Thanks!! 

Options
8 Reply
Re:Archer AX50 Time Machine in Access Point mode
2021-06-28 12:45:16

@Malius I have a similar problem with AX73 router.

Options
2021-08-27 09:01:44

Do you guys have any updates on this? 

Options
2021-08-30 10:41:52

@Sathiya 

Hello, how did the AX73 connect to the main router, via WAN or LAN? Ensure you were configuring the AX73 by changing the working mode to Access Point as follows:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1384/

Are you able to see the Time Machine menu on the web interface? If not, can we have the screenshot? If yes, what's the error message, or which step did you get stuck with?

If you change the AX73 to Router, will the Time Machine work?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-08-30 17:28:55

@Kevin_Z 

Hello, how did the AX73 connect to the main router, via WAN or LAN? Ensure you were configuring the AX73 by changing the working mode to Access Point as follows:

I connected the LAN port on the main router and the WAN port on the Archer AX73 router.

Are you able to see the Time Machine menu on the web interface? If not, can we have the screenshot? If yes, what's the error message, or which step did you get stuck with?

I switched the Operation mode to AP today, and it worked. I'm sure it was not available in the AP mode when I purchased the router. Maybe the recent update fixed it?

If you change the AX73 to Router, will the Time Machine work?

Yes, earlier, it worked only on the router mode. It works now in both modes.

Thank you for the help.

Options
2021-08-31 01:39:43

@Sathiya 

If that is the case, we recommend following this up with the support engineers, they will help confirm. Please check your email box and respond, thanks.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-08-31 01:59:02

Kevin_Z wrote

@Sathiya 

If that is the case, we recommend following this up with the support engineers, they will help confirm. Please check your email box and respond, thanks.

@Sathiya please let us know what you learn. I had given up on this, so it will be great to know if there is a resolution. Thanks!

Options
2021-08-31 02:06:38

@Malius 

We will update here if the issue is confirmed and fixed. Do you want to follow it up with the support engineers directly via email also? If yes, they will likely to contact you too.

Options
2021-08-31 03:37:09

@Malius It works on the AP mode now. I'm not sure if the recent update has fixed it. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1629

Replies: 8

Related Articles