Modem Restarting Randomly itself Automatically....(its very Annoying me) NEED HELP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Modem Restarting Randomly itself Automatically....(its very Annoying me) NEED HELP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
34 Reply
Re:Modem Restarting Randomly itself Automatically....(its very Annoying me) NEED HELP
2013-06-25 22:10:19

Snowy wrote

It seems that your TD-W8951ND has hardware issue since your brother's modem with the same model is working fine with your other wireless machines.
If your TD-W8951ND is still under warranty, I suggest you to contact with the shop or your retailer who you buy this modem from and replace it with a new one.

Thanks Snowy. I think I found the fix, there was only one difference related to Security, Authentication Type was set as WPA2-PSK, but Encryption was set to "TKIP/AES", when I changed to only "AES" then it is working without any issue. All other setting are set to default.
Seems issue is fixed !!
Options
Re:Modem Restarting Randomly itself Automatically....(its very Annoying me) NEED HELP
2013-06-26 00:37:33
hey, help me,
i cant able to login my modem in explorer, back of the modem is wirtten 192.168.1.1 as i tried but its not working....??
Options
2013-06-26 12:13:53

Mandeep148 wrote

hey, help me,
i cant able to login my modem in explorer, back of the modem is wirtten 192.168.1.1 as i tried but its not working....??

There are many reasons why you cannot login 192.168.1.1.
See this link: http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=110
You can connect the computer to the modem by an Ethernet cable, and then try to login 192.168.1.1 by different web browsers. If it still cannot work, you can try it on other computers.
Options
2013-06-26 17:06:25

pankajgwl wrote

Thanks Snowy. I think I found the fix, there was only one difference related to Security, Authentication Type was set as WPA2-PSK, but Encryption was set to "TKIP/AES", when I changed to only "AES" then it is working without any issue. All other setting are set to default.
Seems issue is fixed !!

actuallly i had same annoying problem that modem restarts on usage of wifi device.. as i said i changed wireless settings to G, now problem gone 0, no problem now.... but only when, i use wifi at low signal... its annoying when, i lay on another room which far from modem.... so u know about that?
Options
2013-06-27 20:17:02
If you can try to replace standard power suppòly with a 12V 1.5A.
Then re-set Wifi to g/n.
Options
2013-07-01 17:25:46

Mandeep148 wrote

actuallly i had same annoying problem that modem restarts on usage of wifi device.. as i said i changed wireless settings to G, now problem gone 0, no problem now.... but only when, i use wifi at low signal... its annoying when, i lay on another room which far from modem.... so u know about that?

To improve the signal strength, since you have changed the channel, you can go to wireless page and change the Channel Bandwidth to 20MHz for a try.

And you can also deploy the modem in a good place so that it can avoid some more wireless interference.

BTW, have you tried to change the Encryption to AES?
Options
2013-07-01 17:29:02
Good job!! pankajgwl .
Options
2013-07-05 19:46:30
Yes, I tried to set security to aes.. but nothing help...
ok.. where is channel bandwidth?
Here is only setting with include"mhz" are..
Channel (united state) (auto) current channel 1
[I live in india,should I set to channel to India? ]
Transmit Power (high)
Beacon Interval(ms)100
RTS/CTS Threshold 2347
Fragmentation Threshold(bytes)2346
DTIM(ms 1
Wireless Mode 802.11g
which settings I need to change?
Options
2013-07-06 07:47:17
Since you are in India, you can change channel to India. Except channel and channel bandwidth, there is no need to change the other settings.
Here is the page about channel bandwidth.

Options
2013-07-10 17:42:21
thanx, i tried to change channel ti india, what i see, i cant login into 192.168.1.1
after 9-10 times manual restart then its opened,
and now i seen bandwidth channel, its already at 20/40hz so what i need to do then?
i m on 8.02 + g
its the only which is bit stable..
Options
Related Articles