Modem Restarting Randomly itself Automatically....(its very Annoying me) NEED HELP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Modem Restarting Randomly itself Automatically....(its very Annoying me) NEED HELP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
34 Reply
Re:Modem Restarting Randomly itself Automatically....(its very Annoying me) NEED HELP
2013-10-07 22:30:18
I bought this modem router 15 days back and had a trouble initially.
The problem was rebooting of the device if any device is connected on wifi; though there was no problem with my LAN connection. First i suspected there could be an issue with the router.
I browsed on internet about this problem. While browsing i found that it was not a problem with only me but hell lot of people all over the world are facing this issue. There are several threads on TP-Link official website and people are discussing about this issue and lot of try outs to resolve the issue. Finally i found someone suggesting in the TP-link blog to change the adapter to overcome this issue. He claimed that he used 12V adapter and he is using the wifi without any issue. I took this advice very seriously and bought an adapter with 12V 1A rating from local market. I connected it to the modem by replacing the original one. I connected my smartphone and used internet on wifi. It started working smoothly and there was no restarting at all.

Finally i concluded that the restarting of the modem is caused due to low current(0.6A) or voltage(9V) of the original adapter. The power generated from the original adapter(9V 0.6A) is not enough for the device to function properly on wifi. I was so much frustrated in the beginning and felt of throwing it out of the home several times. Finally it turned smile on my face.

Special thanks to musicmugu for his advice
Options
Re:Modem Restarting Randomly itself Automatically....(its very Annoying me) NEED HELP
2013-11-28 18:09:26
I'm having some issues with the modem also. What I noticed is that it's not only restarting, but it's just not working. I don't know if it happened with anyone, but the led lights have this bright green color. When it starts to give problems, the left lights are almost "erased". Did this happen to anyone else? Or is my modem just becoming a piece of paper weight?

I have a 15V 1A adapter, would that be okay to use, or it has to be specifically a 12V 1A adapter? I'm asking because I really don't know.
Options
Resolve 8951ND restarting problem
2014-04-15 13:53:10

Mandeep148 wrote

Region : India

Model : TD-W8951ND

Hardware Version : V5

Firmware Version : 5.0.0

ISP : BSNL INDIA

hiiii,
I am Using Tp-Link TD-W8951ND on BSNL Network..
the problem is when ever i use wifi on my device like(Samsung galaxy S4) when i try to load up youtube video or something download or surfing, Modem restart itself always... its highly annoying me...
mostly when i use my wifi on device at low signal(1signal) (far from high signal area-modem) Modem restart after click of using interent...

some times my heart says that Take a gun and fire on the modem...
not much have problem when i use Lan on pc...

Please help me..... I have no time to exchange give a modem to service centre for 1 month, i m not free man... i have bussiness.

Tp link 8951ND Restarting problem is Manufacturing issue check your tp link modem serial no and Replace new modem to Company starting serial no with 138 this serial no lot not problematic so replace your modem
Options
Resolve 8951ND restarting problem
2014-04-15 13:57:43
Tp link 8951ND Restarting problem is Manufacturing issue check your tp link modem serial no and Replace new modem to Company starting serial no with 138 this serial no lot not problematic so replace your modem
Options
Related Articles