P9 Owners - Firmware & Functionality Request

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-11 07:30:44
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I (like some of you) have recently purchased the Deco P9 due to the Mesh technology along with the Powerline which is what I required. After purchasing them and going through the setup, I noticed that there is a ton of functionality missing and the inability to make certain changes (DHCP scope) etc.

Only after reading the forums did it become apparent that TP-LInk released this model without all the functionality that it should be able to do or was not advertised anywhere that it could NOT be done with this model (false advertising)

I am the in the same boat  as others of having to make a choice whether to send these back and move to a completely different brand as my "Trust & Faith" in TP-Link has been a bit tarnished. So... In light of all this, I thought we could maybe get a little thread going here to push TP to get a move on with releasing the firmware & additional functionality along with bug fixes that have been reported so make this product as great as all their other devices and hopefully repair the damage they have caused to their image and restore the faith with their client base.

This thread is for everyone to add the following if they would like to:

1) Bugs they have found

2) Features they would like

And, hopefully for TP-LInk to respond with 

1) Resolution for the bug \ Pending Fix & Date

2) Feature in development \ Not going to be developed \ Passed to the development team.

And.... As a final note.

TP-Link - PLEASE CAN YOU TELL US WHEN THE P9 OFFICIAL FIRMWARE WILL BE RELEASED ALONG WITH THE CHANGES IN THE FIRMWARE.

I hope this turns out to be a useful thread to help each other and for beginners \ Potentially buyers to make an informed decision of the functionality\Lack of etc before buying.

Thanks

Options
5 Reply
Re:P9 Owners - Firmware & Functionality Request
2020-05-11 14:52:43

@syn3rgy have you tried the beta firmware?

Options
2020-05-11 15:15:26

@timp78 Yup, I have all 3 Decos on it but it is still very limited compared to the other versions of FW for the other Deco ranges. 

my other issue is that this is still a beta version and there has been no proper release since they came out.

They also lack a web management (the one there is limited and more like information than anything else.)

My friend has the M5 and has soo many features available, considering the P9 is "newer" than the M5 I would have though it came with most of the opions.

Options
2020-05-12 09:14:34

What TP-link should do is fix the bugs on the Beta, if any are identified, and make it official.

Then do a strategy of incremental updates, instead of just big ones, that seem to never come.

Options
2020-05-12 09:57:17

@jpasan well maybe we can use this thread for all the Beta testers to start putting in the issues so that TP link has one place to read and fix and release.

I would still like ot see some feature updates, some of them are small ie the speed test functionality, that can could added quite easlily.

Options
2020-05-12 10:22:09

@syn3rgy 

I wouldn't mind new features as well, but just incrementally.

I'm a software developer myself. Nowadays we work in a way that we deliver things in small increments instead of a big bang approach. It's much better for the customer, which in this case would be us, end-users, to see things evolve gradually, instead of a seemingly eternal wait.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 909

Replies: 5

Related Articles