AX11000 Access control - without editing or sorting???!!!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-13 19:31:03
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Is it really not possible to edit (name, mac) or sort devices in the AX11000 to white-list in the "security" option?!

I made a mistake 2 times typing the MAC for devices at home and all I could do was delete and add again! Is it a challenge to make the name and MAC of the device editable in white-list?

Likewise, you cannot sort the white-list devices by name or by connection type (lan/wifi).

In my opinion, this is next evidence that no one from tp-link spend enough of time on customer jurney experience with this device, really nobody from tp-link has leaned over such a basic functionalities?!

Options
2 Reply
Re:AX11000 Access control - without editing or sorting???!!!
2020-02-14 06:26:41

@radzik 

Hello, below is the instruction to setup access control.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2558/

Except add devices manually, you can select from the device list, which will be more convenient.

And the MAC address is uneditable, otherwise, the device blocked can re-gain internet by change their Mac address and affect the whole performance.

Good day.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:AX11000 Access control - without editing or sorting???!!!
2020-02-14 08:35:36

@Kevin_Z 

I know how to manage this finctionality and to add or block!

I wrote that customer CAN NOT edit MAC(!) and NOT how it's works.

"the device blocked can re-gain internet by change their Mac address and affect the whole performance. "

In my opinion it's a exciuse in other routers I CAN DO THAT.

Moreover! This functionality works very poor through mobile interface, I can click and grand access for new found device. BTW: this functionality (finding attached devices eg. by Lan yet without acces) also working very poor and not all devices are finging.

Firmware is deeply underdeveloped.

Fortunately currently I'm only testing this device but due to many bugs I will NOT decided to buy AX11000!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 777

Replies: 2

Related Articles