use same SSID for 2.4 and 5ghz for Archer A5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-30 18:00:17
Model: Archer A5  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 3.16.0 0.9.1 v6015.0

Hello,

I have tp-link archer a5 router. Currently, it broadcasts two SSIDs for different frequencies (2.4 and 5). I'm unable to use same name for both SSIDs.

Is there anyway i could rename both the SSIDs to one single name so that whatever the device connects to wi-fi it will figure out the best possible network.

Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:use same SSID for 2.4 and 5ghz for Archer A5
2020-02-07 12:29:31

@harsha87 

Hello, you can use the same SSID and password for the two wifi networks.

You can login to the web UI to configure them; if it failed, please check whether there is any error message.

Besides, you can use thhe Tether app if possible.

Good day.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4199

Replies: 1

Related Articles