issue on wifi with cell phones

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-24 09:40:15
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi,
I have a TDLTE modem and connect it with a lan cable to TL-WR741ND WAN port and use TL-WR741ND as access point. when i connect laptop to LAN ports or connect laptop by Wifi to TL-WR741ND its working, but when we connect any cell phone, like samsung s10, cat s41, iphone or any other cell phones they can connect to wifi but no internet. all cell phones connect to TL-WR741ND wifi and when we disable cellular network on the phones they can working with internet properly but when cellular network is enabled wifi show "Sign in to Wifi Network" i have set ip manually on phone or change wireless settings and also change dns settings but no success, would you help me how can i solve this?

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:issue on wifi with cell phones
2019-10-25 06:16:21

@blackmetal1 

As you mentioned, you connect the modem to the WAN port of the TL-WR741ND and use it as an access point; while if it works as an AP, the modem should be connected to the LAN port, not WAN port. 

And please provide the information below to do further analysis:

1. The led status of the TL-WR741ND.

2. With computer connected to the TL-WR741ND, please click here to get the IP and gateway; show us a screenshot of the status - details page as well. 

3. With cellphone connected to the wifi, please tell us the IP and gateway obtained by it also. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options