Archer MR600 - VPN on mobile network fail

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-23 14:33:09
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 190412 Rel.66770n

I configured the 4G Archer MR600 modem with a VPN.
My aim is to be able to access the local network present on the MR600 side in order to manage the devices present there.
The data connection is given by a vodafone SIM and from within the network I can easily navigate even with a decent speed.
At first I tested a trivial PPTP but without the test being successful. In fact I got an apparently latency error from my client (PC with win 10 pro and even with an Android smartphone).
I then switched to using a much more reliable OpenVPN but this time the error obtained was indicated as a problem on the certificate. Only that the certificate is self-generated and incorporated into the configuration file that is exported and used for client connection.
At this point I had the doubt that the problem could depend on the type of connection (4G on data SIM) and I therefore disabled the internet access of the modem via SIM and activated the WAN port connected to an external router (opening the OpenVPN ports ).
This time the connection in Open VPN worked without any problems.
There would therefore appear to be a malfunction that depends on the internet connection mode and perhaps on the type of data SIM used.
Any suggestions or suggestions of any kind?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer MR600 - VPN on mobile network fail
2019-09-24 07:32:31

@E-mc2 

Hello, below is the instruction to setup OPVN on the Archer MR600.https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2482/ 

Is there any error message indicates that it failed when MR600 works in LTE router mode?

What is the internet IP of the Archer MR600 in LTE router mode and the regular wireless router mode separately? 

Thanks in advance, and have a good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2019-12-13 12:03:55

I configured PPTP as described in user guide

Advanced > VPN Server > PPTP VPN, and select Enable VPN Server.

After i create remote vpn connection on remote device using windows buit-in PPTP

At end i try to connect but after insertion of user and pass i receive the same error of E.mc2  apparently latency error.

in order to isolate the issue i didnot use no-ip dinamic but just see in any instant public ip of router and use this in pptp connection

Any suggestions?

thanks

Cesare

Options
2020-10-09 12:27:48 - last edited 2020-10-09 13:47:15

@Kevin_Z 

I'm confronted with the same problem.

even tried to setup ipsec-vpn between two TPLINK MR600 as described in the manual.

in LTE Mode neither of the options works. as you described.

tested them all --fail, fail, fail

the use of dyndns does not seem to work either.

Port forwarding in connection with dyndns does not either.

the only thing which works is the connection to dyndns account and update of ip-adresse

Really frustrated. :-(

Up to date i was very satisfied with this modem, but know I'm not sure any more if i should.

Options
2020-10-09 12:51:08
Hi Kevin my privider give on my sim not really public IP. It was a NAT IP this not allow VPN. I changed provider, i asked to new provider really public ip. Now with static public ip works. regards CEsare
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4634

Replies: 4

Related Articles