Help Choose? - Newbie! - damsel in distress!! - need strong Router for Portugal move !

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Help Choose? - Newbie! - damsel in distress!! - need strong Router for Portugal move !

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-08 16:43:04 - last edited 2019-09-09 02:19:06
Model: AP200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

We are moving to Portugal in a couple of weeks, there is no wi-fi at the house currently and the house is in the middle of no-where, so we are likely to need to go Vodafone for a mobile router

However, I am wondering, as we will have our office in the basement, and will need wireless upstairs on ground and 1st floor, whether to take a good TP Link Router - can you get a SIM adaptor and which one would be good.

We will both be using IP Phones and Horizan Software with Polycom, and a couple of iMac's but do need good connection and also we have 4 Zones of Sonos ...

We need to get up and running as soon as we arrive so we can work, so as it will be a foreign country and other difficulties, is there anything I can take to make life easier??

Any help advice on what Router and any Boosters etc., so I can take them with me !

Thanks in advance

Debs

Options
1 Reply
Re:Help Choose? - Newbie! - damsel in distress!! - need strong Router for Portugal move !
2019-09-09 02:18:42 - last edited 2019-09-09 02:19:06

@Debs 

Hello, there are some products which can work with the SIM card directly, including the mifi and the LTE gateway router. 

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/mifi/ or https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/3g-4g-router/

The 3/4G router will be more powerful based on the hardware; it has ethernet ports and some advanced features that the mifi does not have.

You can verify whether they can statisfy your needs. 

Any updates, please let us know.

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 607

Replies: 1

Related Articles