VNC issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VNC issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
VNC issues
VNC issues
2019-05-13 10:44:04 - last edited 2019-05-13 11:11:50
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.3 Build 20180810 Rel. 62903

Hi

I'm setting up this router now.

I'm having issues making VNC work internally and externally. I have a dyndns accout that is working fine and VNC running on a couple of pcs.

I've added the VNC ports on the Vitural Servers setup on the router (internal ip + internal and external port - same one I've always used on VNC). That does not

allow me to connet to VNC, the client trying to connect just tries till it fails.

I tried also to just set the port on port triggering, that throws an error immidietly: "The port on which the computer is listening for a connection could not be contacted"

Hope someone can help me out.

Thanks.

Edit: I managed to get it working by allowing the port on Windows Firewall as well. I didn't need to do that with the old router. Is that how it should be?

Options
3 Reply
Re:VNC issues
2019-05-14 07:18:45

Hi,

Glad to hear that you solved this issue finally. Congrats. 

From your description, it seems that the firewall on the Windows PC affects the performance of port forwarding or VNC.

Cause it works fine with allowing it on the firewall, you can take it as a workaround. 

And there is not much we can do on the router cause the firewall is the root cause, you may let it go.

If need more help, do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a nice day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer AX55V2 Supports WireGuard VPN, EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, IoT Network, Speed Limit,and More If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:VNC issues
2019-05-14 17:19:36 - last edited 2019-05-14 21:30:14

thanks for responding Kevin_Z

I did not have this issue with the previous router.

Also it appears the workaround is not working after all. It did as long as I was on the same IP (internal or external) but once I was on a different one it won't work anymore.

Tried to disable the Win Firewall completely and that did not help. I'm not sure what is not quite right but I need VNC access for work so that is a major issue for me.

I tried from the same ip now and it isn't working either.

Here's what I did, maybe someone can tell me if I missed a step:

I have dyndns setup, I use that for VNC as the ip is dynamic, it is also added to the router.

on NAT forwarding I added a VNC entry under Virtual Servers. External/Internal Port is the port I have VNC running on (not the default VNC port), and Internal IP of the pc it's used on. Anything missing there?

EDIT: Found the issue. The MAC address changed somehow, and the new one got a different internal ip than the one I reserved.

Options
Re:Re:VNC issues
2019-05-15 07:23:05

Hi,

Thanks for your reply; the IP address and mac address need match the device which you open port for. 

And with the corrent IP address and mac address, the port forwarding/VNC should be working fine now. 

If you need more help in the future, just let us know.

Have a nice day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer AX55V2 Supports WireGuard VPN, EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, IoT Network, Speed Limit,and More If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1483

Replies: 3

Related Articles