C3150 v2 Parental Control "Bedtime"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-04 15:40:42

The parental control distinguishes between "school nights" and "weekends", but the problem is that school nights are defined as Monday - Friday and weekends are defined as Saturday - Sunday. In practics for the kids this means no extended airtime on Fridays and surfing too late on Sundays.

The correct settings in such preset filter should be "school nights" as  Sunday - Thursday and "weekends" as Friday - Saturday.

It should be possible to change based on individual needs at least from the advanced menu...

A new firmware release that solves this issue is highly appreciated ASAP

Options
5 Reply
Re:C3150 v2 Parental Control "Bedtime"
2019-02-05 22:10:53
My parental controls do not have that option. I guess that is good. Just a thought, can you change the date on the router by one day in system controls?
Options
2019-02-06 17:40:57

Lucky you...

I have had the same thought as you to advance the date by one day, so I will see how it works this weekend.

Strange though that TP-Link is trying to make the GUI so rigid or "user friendly" that it ends up with the customers have to use silly workarounds.

Options
2019-02-06 18:25:32

No need to wait until the weekend

I changed the date and saved it. After a few minutes the Tether app gave notification that the router was down. When I accessed the app I got a confirmation that router was online again.

Then I checked the date and it had returned back to todays date..

Looked at the help section in Time settings menu and found "The router has some common built-in NTP Servers that will synchronize automatically once it connects to the internet"

Basically no ways to alter time/date settings

Now I am back to square one and still wish for a new firmware version with a proper schedule options..

Options
Re:Re:C3150 v2 Parental Control "Bedtime"
2019-02-08 22:28:55
I have the old user blue interface (GUI) on my C8 because when I updated to the new one I could not get port forwarding to work. The new interface was green and it seemed to me it lost some of the options/settings. I did not review the parental controls. I worked with TP-Link support and we set it back to the old firmware.
Options
2019-02-12 15:29:46 - last edited 2019-02-12 15:30:26

I will see if I am able to downgrade, but that seems somehow pointless when there is a logical fault in the most recent one (which is from Sept 2017...)

Anyone who knows how to reach FW people in TP-Link? I have been in contact with support but they were not interested in helping me out. Presumably it shouid be a mutual benefit to improve their products...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 976

Replies: 5

Related Articles