RE305 vs RE200 experiencia

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-05 16:17:46 - last edited 2019-01-05 16:20:49
Hello, I have both extenders, I first acquired the RE200 and no complaints, the Hight Speed ​​option that only connects to 2.4GHz with the router and emits only at 5GHz gives excellent results. The questión is that I decided to also buy the RE305 for being AC1200, but I have been disappointed, the results in speed have been worse and the Firmware does not have the HightSpeed ​​option, besides there is no way to find the% of the signal that arrives as with the RE200,. In general it looks like a decaffeinated firmware. (I updated to 181026, but still). https://www.tp-link.com/en/download/RE305.html#Firmware

I am about to return the RE305 and stay happily with the RE200, but the reason tells me that an AC1200 will give me more game in the future, but I also know that if there is no firmware improvement that will not be so ... in short, what you advise me? Do you think that option will be added?

Also say that the RE305 is heated, which does not work in the RE200, is that normal?

Anyway, I hope that someone from TP-link can shed some light on my doubts.

regards

In my language:

Hola, tengo ambos extensores, primero adquirí el RE200 y ninguna queja, la opción Hight Speed que conecta solo a 2.4GHz con el router y emite solo a 5GHz da unos resultados excelentes. La questión és que decidi comprar tambien el RE305 por ser AC1200, però me he llevado una decepción, los resultados en velocidad han sido peores y el Firmware no tiene la opción HightSpeed, además que no existe  manera de averiguar el % de señal  que le llega como con el RE200, . En general parece un firmware descafeinado. (Ya actualicé al 181026, pero igual). https://www.tp-link.com/es/download/RE305.html#Firmware

Estoy por devolver el RE305 y quedarme felizmente con el RE200, pero la razón me dice que un AC1200 me dará más juego en el futuro, pero también se que si no hay una mejora de firmware eso no serà así ... en fin ¿Que me aconsejais? , ¿Creeis que se añadira ésa opcion?

Tambien decir que el RE305 se calienta, cosa que no curre en el RE200, ¿Es eso normal?

En fin, espero que alguien de TP-link pueda arrojar algo de luz a mis dudas.

Saludos

Options
2 Reply
Re:RE305 vs RE200 experiencia
2019-01-08 09:47:07

Hi,

Acutally even though there is no high speed option on RE305, you can still configure it in high speed mode. 

You can do it in any dual band range extenders.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-943.html

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:RE305 vs RE200 experiencia
2019-01-09 14:45:43 - last edited 2019-01-09 14:46:54

Great, luck of your response,.

In the tp-link ES support email. I have been told that the option is not available and that I buy the RE450 XDDDDDDDDD

Thank you Kevin_Z !!!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3969

Replies: 2

Related Articles