Deco M4 vs RE200: Is it worth getting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-11 12:26:01
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My router at the moment is an Archer C5 AC1200 dual band gigabit ver 4 which I just recieved from my ISP and this is connected to my ONT Fibre router.

To boost the signal in the house I am using an RE200 AC750 at the moment but want to look into getting a couple of the Deco M4's. What are the main differences/benefits between the two?

I plan on keeping my Archer C5 in use as the main router so would I just be able to set the Deco M4's up as boosters/range extenders by using the Access Point setting?

If they are going to be used just as boosters are they suitable or would other devices be recommended?

My current line speed is 100mbps.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M4 vs RE200: Is it worth getting
2020-08-16 08:30:40
You can't put Archer C5's wifi into deco M4 mesh wifi. They are incompatible. You will have to connect main M4 to C5's port by cable. Then you will have 2 different wifis, one from C5 and another from the set of M4's
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1332

Replies: 1

Related Articles