C3150 - setting router to highest IP allowed within the netmask trashes router config (bug?)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

C3150 - setting router to highest IP allowed within the netmask trashes router config (bug?)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-11-13 16:42:53 - last edited 2018-11-13 21:30:15

Hi,

(I edited the mail and tile)

I just bought a C3150 for my Soho setup to replace and older device.

Then LAN has multiple existing devices, including a server running multiple virtual machines, all having static IP's.

I have now repeatedly hit te following issue:

On initial setup

1. Set and admin user and password
  2. Run through setup wizard
  3. Receive prompt for new firmware, so updated it.

After reboot on upgrade apparently we are back to firmware default :

1. Only a prompt for a password (Not the option to create an accountname other then admin)
  2. Run through setup wizard.
  3. Adjust local LAN to what everything is setup to to have a drop in replacement.
  4. Router reboots.
  5. Password promt but the password set at 1 is not accepted. Only option is to reset the router and restart.

Now I have run through the steps above already multiple times in various alterations. Do a reboot after initial setup etc. But as soon as I change the ip of the router to what it neerds to be: 10.1.1.254 with the netmask 255.255.255.0 it reboots and the password is not working any more. It also looks like the dchp client on the Wan side does not operate or DNS server does not work.

When set to 10.1.1.253 after I had to reset it, all seems well.

Seems like a bug to mee.

Rgdrs, Arjen

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 338

Replies: 0

Related Articles