TP WR902ac doesn't get an internet connection in a hotel

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-08-15 19:27:30 - last edited 2021-04-20 11:30:56

I have just buy a brand new TP WR902ac V3 latest Firmware, because I want to stream in the hotel (I stay 5 night per week there) some films via Chromecast. 

The hotel wlan does not allowed a connection between the different wifi devices (OK, I would assign the security also in this way). If I switch the Switch on the the device to the preferred position and select Range extension as working model, the WR902ac connect to the Wlan, but has no internet connection. 

The interesting think is, that the different APs (with the same SSID) have a parallel Transmission with no SSID, but the same channel with the same strongest signal) 

I have try all possibilities, but also from the diagnostic page, there is no external IN page to reach. I have also try to set a fix IP address... no positiv result. Same as Smart IP... The guest hotel network can be reached via SSID and Passwort. A direkt connection which any devices (Mobil, Tablett, PC) works without any problems. 

About that, that the Wr902ac has not Internet access, so all clients, which have a valid connection, haven't an internet connection, too. 

What can I do additional? 

Downgrade? Upgrade to a beta version (if any available and I received an access...)? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP WR902ac doesn't get an internet connection in a hotel
2018-08-24 13:39:43 - last edited 2021-04-20 11:30:56

It could not be TTL defence, as you have L2 repeater. We do not have 902ac in our country, but try different modes of repeater (unversal repeater/wds repeater/etc..). It probably happens, because of difference in 3MAC/4MAC wifi mechanism,

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 811

Replies: 1

Related Articles