Deco M5 Bluetooth pain

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 Bluetooth pain

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M5 Bluetooth pain
Deco M5 Bluetooth pain
2017-11-25 16:52:27
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I appear to have an issue that many other have had....according to google where I cannot establish a stable Bluetooth connection. Funny enough TP Link knowledge base and forums mention nothing of it. I have tried an Iphone6 and 7 a Nexus 7 and Pixel 2. I would be totally amazed if I had 4 dodgy smart devices.

Has anyone else on these forums had the issue, if so what was the fix?
Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M5 Bluetooth pain
2017-11-27 16:27:06
Deco's Bluetooth is for the initial setup process only, as soon as the setup finishes, the Deco will turn off its Bluetooth, I had been scratching my head over this for hours before I got this answer from TP-Link.
If you are having trouble to connect Bluetooth during setup, here are my suggestions:
1, Make sure your mobile phones are not in power saving mode.
2, when setting up one Deco, keep the rest of the Deco off except for the one your are setting up and the main Deco.
3, keep your mobile close to the Deco you are setting up.
4, try it with another Deco in the set.

Good luck.
Options
2017-11-27 22:07:12
Thanks for that. Already tried all suggestions before starting this thread. I gave up and took the units back for a refund.
Options
2018-10-01 06:20:49
Eight months later... I'm in the same boat. Has TP-Link fixed the problem yet? If not, I'll just return the product.

Why no direct web-based interfaces? They work...
Options
2020-10-06 02:40:21
Merci!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 708

Replies: 4

Related Articles