ADSL2+ sudden speed decrease

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-10-28 02:02:40
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a brand new TD-W8960N my best speed is around 8Mb/s and sometimes it goes down to 2Mb/s and won't improve till I restart the modem (which sometimes doesn't work too)
Can I get any help
about this issue in here ?

File:
Capture.PNGDownload
Options
7 Reply
Re:ADSL2+ sudden speed decrease
2017-10-30 20:02:33
From the status of DSL, I can tell your line status is very bad.Besides, the dsl link speed only has 3-4mbps.
That's the reason why the speed is slow.
The SNB margin and attenuation are very high. You can check the link before for the normal rate.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-546.html
You may contact your ISP to see if they can improve this situation.
Options
TD-W8960N test
2017-10-30 23:34:09

uutommi wrote

From the status of DSL, I can tell your line status is very bad.Besides, the dsl link speed only has 3-4mbps.
That's the reason why the speed is slow.
The SNB margin and attenuation are very high. You can check the link before for the normal rate.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-546.html
You may contact your ISP to see if they can improve this situation.

Thanks for replay, But I tested using an old modem D-W8960N and I have kind of an stable line

Options
2017-10-31 16:25:54
Seems no much difference between the two routers, just the rate.
You can change the DSL modulation type of the new router to G.dmt or adsl2+ to have a try.
Go to Advanced Setup-DSL, uncheck all others under modulation, just leave the one you want to choose checked.
Options
Why my speed decrease and won't increase?
2017-10-31 16:41:58
That's, I'll try that but can I ask why my speed won't increase until I restart modem and sometimes won't at all??
Options
2017-11-01 15:05:50
Not sure. It seems there is something wrong with the new TD-W8960N.
Suggest you to contact support@tp-link.com to do some analyze.
By the way, any improvement after you try to change dsl modulation type?
Options
2017-11-01 19:56:38

vieldcs wrote

Not sure. It seems there is something wrong with the new TD-W8960N. Suggest you to contact support@tp-link.com to do some analyze.By the way, any improvement after you try to change dsl modulation type?
Changing modulator didn'tmake any changes, it went down again and no option seems to work being it up ?
Options
2017-11-02 17:10:20
Is the new TD-W8960N with the latest firmware version and is it with the same hardware version as the old TD-W8690N?
TP-Link support may have some solution to make it work. You can take a chance.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 702

Replies: 7

Related Articles