archer vr2600v - area code required for local calls

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-09-17 22:10:46
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I was running the Archer vr2600v for quite a while without SIP, but since Telekom (German telephone service provider) disabled the ordinary telephone lines recently, I switched to SIP and a different provider (1&1). I connected the phones via DECT to the routher, which worked quite fine. However, when I want to do calls within the town (within my own area code), I can get connection only by dialing the area code as well. I haven't found any place in the firmware where I can set the box not to require that. It would be a problem if that's not possible.
I checked if the firmware is up to date, at least the online check says it is.
The firmware version is 1.3.0 0.8.0 v004f.0 Build 160622 Rel.36010n, the hardware version is 1 (plus zeros in abundance).

Thanks for any help.
Options
2 Reply
Re:archer vr2600v - area code required for local calls
2017-09-21 15:49:52
Can set it on Call Rules page, for Call Type or Prefix, choose Calls with Specific Number Prefix, then see if it works.
Options
Re:archer vr2600v - area code required for local calls
2017-09-22 00:40:00

Kevin SG wrote

Can set it on Call Rules page, for Call Type or Prefix, choose Calls with Specific Number Prefix, then see if it works.

thank you. I tried that, but it didn't work. My question would also be - if it worked - what happens to numbers for which I dial the area code? Will this area code be added as well? The function doesn't really make sense to me (it makes sense in a setup where dialling a 0 or some other number to get the dial tone is required - some hardware needs that, because you otherwise call phones within the local network). But maybe I'm wrong...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 613

Replies: 2

Related Articles