fully mirror MAIN router with SATELLITE router in EasyMesh or unlock SATELLITE router for management

fully mirror MAIN router with SATELLITE router in EasyMesh or unlock SATELLITE router for management

2024-05-12 18:45:31 - last edited 2024-05-15 06:05:58
Model: Archer AXE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 (latest)

with two routers in EasyMesh mode one is MAIN and other SATELLITE (connected via Ethernet cable) 

on MAIN router when I change b/g/n/ax to b/g/n I expect SATELLITE router to switch too - but this is not happening, and it stays in b/g/n/ax mode

I can observe this independently with 3rd-party Wi-Fi analyzers as Acrylic, inSSIDer, etc.

even makes me wonder what else is not mirrored properly!

therefore, either fully mirror MAIN router with SATELLITE router in EasyMesh or unlock SATELLITE router for management

(on a sidenote, I would welcome the ability to restart SATELLITE router independently of the MAIN one - how hard would be to add one more button to MAIN router interface to allow restarting SATELLITE devices - if it is that hard, then unlock SATELLITE router for proper management!)

Options
5 Reply
Re:fully mirror MAIN router with SATELLITE router in EasyMesh or unlock SATELLITE router for management
2024-05-14 08:24:15

@hWmMzIfYNRISEgn 

Hi, thanks for posting question in our community.

Do you use two Archer AXE75 to set up Easymesh Ethernet Backhaul? And is the firmware latest?

Options
Re:fully mirror MAIN router with SATELLITE router in EasyMesh or unlock SATELLITE router for management
2024-05-14 09:47:09 - last edited 2024-05-14 10:46:08

@hWmMzIfYNRISEgn 

I am testing several Wi-Fi analyzers (Acrylic, InSSIDer) and have found that my satellite AX55 has WPS enabled and in the main router (also an AX55), it is disabled.  I just did a factory reset on a test router and disabled WPS before joining the EasyMesh network.  After joining the network, the Acrylic Wi-Fi analyzer shows the satellite router has WPS enabled.  Therefore, it is not following the main router settings.  This is a possible security concern.

Options
2024-05-14 10:13:39

@Marvin_S yes, two Archer AXE75 + Easymesh Ethernet Backhaul + latest firmware

Options
2024-05-15 06:09:38

@hWmMzIfYNRISEgn 

To assist you efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Options
2024-05-15 06:19:34 - last edited 2024-05-15 07:29:30

@jra11500 

Hi, when setting up Easymesh network, satellite needs to be taken factor reset, so the WPS will be on automatically.

Please do not worry. We have not received any feedback that caused security risks. Although WPS is on, it does not support to connect clients to the satellite router via pressing WPS button.

Options