Speed anomaly MR600 & Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-13 08:42:54
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have just switched off wifi capability on my MR600 (4g) modem/router.

I am utilising a Deco M5 satellite as the router (primary node) for my mesh network which is connected to the MR600 via ethernet cable.

I now have a large speed variation as detailed below.

MR600 - Download 85.2 mbps

Upload 26.4 mbps

DECO M5 - Download 35.2 mbps

Both routers were tested independently at around the same time and are located on the same table.

Any thoughts as to the reason?

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Speed anomaly MR600 & Deco M5
2023-12-14 06:27:53

@Peedee 

Please make sure you tested the speeds of MR600 and Deco M5 via the same computer with Ethernet connection instead of WiFi, if the Deco speed is still much slower, refer to this guide for troubleshooting: Slow Internet Speed with Deco Devices

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Speed anomaly MR600 & Deco M5
2023-12-21 14:05:53

Ensure that the Ethernet cable connecting the Deco M5 to the Archer MR600 is of high quality and in good condition. A faulty or low-quality cable can lead to speed issues. Check the Ethernet port configurations on both the Archer MR600 and the Deco M5. Ensure they are both configured to operate at their maximum speed. You may need to manually set the port speed and duplex settings to match on both devices. Verify if there are any firmware updates available for both the Archer MR600 and the Deco M5. Outdated firmware can sometimes cause performance issues, and updating to the latest firmware might resolve them.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 365

Replies: 2

Related Articles