Votes

Unable to specify channel and channel width when Smart Connect is enabled

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-30 11:47:15
Model: Archer AX20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.6 Build 20230830 rel.15380(5553)

Hi, I am a power user and I realised that when the channel and channel width is set to Auto, it does not select the best option. So I wanted to manually specify the channel and channel width but it does not show the necessary fields when Smart Connect is enabled. Currently to manually set the channel and channel width, I have to turn off Smart Connect, select the desired settings, save and then re-enable back Smart Connect. Can we have an option to specify channel settings while Smart Connect is turned on?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to specify channel and channel width when Smart Connect is enabled
2023-10-31 02:36:46

@Fysiks 

That is how smart connect works, maybe you could leave smart connect disabled, and set same SSID and password manually for both bands.

By the way, when you re-enable the smart connect, are the channels always on the one you selected manually? or it might change again after some time? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 141

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.