Blocking admin access page when parental controls enables

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-05 08:47:24
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.7.0 0.9.1

Hello Everyone,

I am writing to express my frustration with the parental control features in my TP-Link Wi-Fi router.

when I enable parental controls to block certain social media websites like YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram, it also blocks access to the router's web admin page. This is highly problematic as it prevents me from making any changes or adjustments to the router settings

Options
2 Reply
Re:Blocking admin access page when parental controls enables
2023-07-06 07:59:23

@User521 

Parental control is usually used for kids' devices, and if they are allowed to access the router settings, they will be able to access the router and modify or disable parental control for their own devices. I guess that is why the router blocks the admin access of devices under parental controls.

Options
Re:Blocking admin access page when parental controls enables
2023-07-06 08:19:39

@QRene So is there any option for domain filter or website blocking in this router model apart from parental controls?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 240

Replies: 2

Related Articles