My C310 cameras stopped working after firmware update

a week ago
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.11 build

So I bought 6 c310 cameras in total. I installed 3 of them barely a month ago, everything was working fine until two days ago the tapo care app suggested I upgrade firmware versions for my cameras. The instalation went smooth and it showed up in the app like it was done. My cameras went offline, and never came back on. 
I tried unpluggin them and pluggin them back in, I tried hard reseating them, I evern tried changing my router's DNS to 8.8.8.8 like suggested in the app. Nothing. They wont connect, they wont come back online. Please help me solve this! i live in a 3rd world country I cant return these, and they were already terribly expensive as it is. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:My C310 cameras stopped working after firmware update
a week ago

@angiem 

Hi,
Please confirm the following information for the reported issue.
1. What's the LED status on the camera after firmware updating?

2. When you hold the reset button for 10 seconds to factory reset the camera, what are the LED changes? 

3. If the LED on the camera is flashing red and green, try to set it up on the Tapo app, which step are you getting stuck and what error message appear?
What should I do if I fail to configure Tapo Camera?

4. Do you have internet when connecting to your router's Wi-Fi?

Best Regards

Options
a week ago

@Solla-topee 

Solla-topee wrote

@angiem 

Hi,
Please confirm the following information for the reported issue.
1. What's the LED status on the camera after firmware updating?

2. When you hold the reset button for 10 seconds to factory reset the camera, what are the LED changes? 

3. If the LED on the camera is flashing red and green, try to set it up on the Tapo app, which step are you getting stuck and what error message appear?
What should I do if I fail to configure Tapo Camera?

4. Do you have internet when connecting to your router's Wi-Fi?

Best Regards

1. All lights are green
2. The LED changes to red and then to an active red and green
3. I already did that, it says it cant connect. I also tried deleting the cameras from the app and it works but then when I wanna add them back on it says "this camera has aleady been installed" and nothing else happens
4. Of course my internet works perfect for everything else 

Options
a week ago

@Solla-topee 

Ok so I updated de TAPO app on my cellphone and that fixed the prob for two of the cameras. 
The other camera wont connect because I deleted it from the panel and now when I try to add it again it says "camera previously added, go to reset" i go to reset, do all the steps to re connect and I get the same message over and over again. 

Options
Thursday

@angiem 

Hi,

You can try to connect the camera Tapo C310 to the router by a cable, then try to set it up and check if the camera will work.
If yes, try to factory reset the camera when it's online or remove it from the Tapo app, then try to reconfigure it to connect to the router's Wi-Fi.

Best Regards

Options