Reboot Schedule - How do I know it did reboot

2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.9

I set the schedule reboot every day at 6:30am for all 3 of my X60. 

How do I know the schedule task starts and completes?  Is there a log I can view to confirm the reboot occurred at schedule time? 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Reboot Schedule - How do I know it did reboot-Solution

@Sokpan 

You can check Main Deco log, it gets wiped when Deco reboots. By checking start timestamp you'll see when Deco was rebooted.

Open Main Deco IP address in a browser, it is 192.168.68.1 if you made no changes to default configuration, and login with same password you have for Deco app account. Then, navigate to logs.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Reboot Schedule - How do I know it did reboot-Solution

@Sokpan 

You can check Main Deco log, it gets wiped when Deco reboots. By checking start timestamp you'll see when Deco was rebooted.

Open Main Deco IP address in a browser, it is 192.168.68.1 if you made no changes to default configuration, and login with same password you have for Deco app account. Then, navigate to logs.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Reboot Schedule - How do I know it did reboot
2 weeks ago

@Alexandre. 

Thanks for the information.  I was able to access the logs, unfortunately the first entry was 6 hours after the reboot schedule I have.  Does the log have a limit and earlier entries are overwritten by newer ones?  Either way, will check tomorrow morning after the reboot schedule to see if the logs have been cleared for reboot.

Thanks again.

Options

@Sokpan 

True: logs are not kept for long and get overwritten after few hours.

For testing purposes, move reboot time very close to when you can check logs. If Deco mesh rebooted at new time, it'll reboot at whatever time you'll set it.

Also, after reboot first few entries in logs could be before Main Deco got current time from the Internet, and that strange time stamp in them is another proof Deco rebooted.

Options
2 weeks ago

@Alexandre. 

Was able to check twice after reboot and see the logs cleared and started anew.  As you said, the timezone is the default per device, takes a few entries to update the time but I was able to confirm it does reboot.

Thanks for your assistance.

Sokratis.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 118

Replies: 4

Related Articles