EasyMesh with 2 BE230 Wifi 7 Router but very very slow

2024-09-08 13:04:25
Model: Archer BE230  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I bought 2 BE230 looking to make use of EasyMesh to replace my older mesh system. I wanted to do this because of the 2.5g LAN port that I would like to make use of for my computer. But after I set the whole system up, the up/down load speeds were quite abit weaker than my old mesh system.

With my old mesh system (RBK50) :
Down - 300mbps
Up - 500 mbps

With 2 BE230 :
Down - 200 mbps
Up - 430 mbps

Anyone can maybe explain why this is the case despite having better specs as compared to my RBK50? Thank you!

Options
1 Reply
Re:EasyMesh with 2 BE230 Wifi 7 Router but very very slow
3 weeks ago

@beckkk 

Hi,

Given the numbers you've posted I assume the two BE230 are connected to each other wirelessly (= wireless backhaul), not by Ethernet cable.

According to its datasheet the RBK50 is a Tri-band Mesh system. It has one 2.4 Ghz radio and two 5 Ghz radios.

When you are connected to the RBK50's 5 Ghz Wi-Fi it most likely uses the other 5 Ghz radio for the backhaul between the Mesh nodes. This is very efficient.

The BE230 on the other hand is a Dual-band system. When you are connected to the 5 Ghz Wi-Fi it can do the backhaul either via the same 5 Ghz radio that you are connected to (which results in twice the traffic over that radio) or via the (slow) 2.4 Ghz radio. Both ways are less efficient.

Options