Sudden Deco App/Network Problem

Sudden Deco App/Network Problem

25 Reply
Re:Sudden Deco App/Network Problem
2024-08-26 08:01:31

@Joseph-TP I manage 4 deco networks of which 3 are behaving fine.

The fourth network is the biggest and is causing problems:
# 7x deco P9 first generation units, 5 are connected by ethernet in series and two are operating as wifi/powerline satelites

# firmware updated over the last few days to the latest verion

# there are about 30 devises connected to the network, inclusing:

~10x P110 smart plugs

~ 8x Euphy cameras

~ 2x computers

~ 3x mobiles

~ 2x H100 hubs with about 15x sensors connected to them, mainly temperature / humidty  

~ various other smart devises (TV's, weathers station etc)

Having reset / rebuilt the entire network and upgraded to the most recent firmware I'm finding the network is now performing fine, but the Deco App fails to recognise most of the Deco P9's (which is problomatic for future firmare upgrades). So I'm wondering if the problem is more with the App than the Deco units themselves. 

Joseph-TP wrote

@DiceKey 

Hi

@DiceKey When you change it to access point mode, you do not need to reset it.

@DiceKey @garsdalian @FrancoIngham   We appreciate your concern, and we will escalate this matter to our support engineers for a thorough evaluation after collecting the information below.

Please kindly provide the following details:

1. If you oversee multiple Deco networks concurrently, could you please furnish the quantity, model, hardware version, and firmware version of the Decos within the problematic Deco network?
2. Are there multiple smart home devices connected to the problematic Deco network? If so, how many samrt home devices are currently linked to the problematic Deco network? And what are the model numbers of the smart home devices?

Wait for your reply and warm regards.

Options
2024-08-27 09:37:22

@garsdalian 

Hi

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on the TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID240857923, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Options
2024-08-28 11:02:59

@Joseph-TP Hi, I've set my main Deco as an access point, and will observe if there will be any changes. 

Is there any way to configure the ISP modem/router so that I won't have to make the Deco an access point? I don't want to lose the Parental Controls and QoS features of the Deco. 

Options
3 weeks ago

@Joseph-TP I tried resetting all Decos (hard reset by pressing the reset buttons on all Decos) and the problem is still there. 

Even after adding just one Deco, the satellite Deco still intermittently shows as offline, even if the light is green. 

Is there a problem with the Deco app, or even the cloud? Or is there a problem with the firmware? All my Decos have the latest firmware. Hope you can respond. 

Options
3 weeks ago

@Joseph-TP Also, is it possible for you to troubleshoot my network remotely? I would be willing to give you permission. I've tried everything I could but my network is still really messed up. I think it would be helpful if you can check my logs. 

Options