Registered for 30 days free cloud but charged

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-22 13:13:38
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone,

I've bought the tapo c100 camera last week and set it up today for my home. I knew that I had 30 days free trial for Tapo Care, also it was shown in the app, so I wanted to start the trial but still asked me my credit card number. I thought it's for the next month and I was wrong. It charged me more than the price it was shown on the app. ( Not a big problem since it's not too much money) I contacted my region's support but they said they can't do anything about my problem.
I think it's a big deal when it comes to customer satisfaction and I believe this issue can be fixed.
Looking for help here, 
Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Registered for 30 days free cloud but charged
2023-09-25 09:12:02

@Koala93 

Hi,
From your description, it seems you have subscribed to the Tapo Care service directly rather than using the Tapo Care free trial service. You can refer to the link below to learn how to enable the free trial for a Tapo camera, and there is no need to enter the credit card info when using the free trial service.
Information related to the Tapo Care free trial

Since you have subscribed to the Tapo Care service, you can refer to the link below to cancel it if you want, and after the subscribed service expires, you can also start to use the free trial service.
Tapo Care Cancellation and Refund

What price have you seen on the Tapo app, and what price have you paid? Have you subscribed to the Tapo Care service on the Tapo app?

Best Regards

Options