Deco Network Security Alert

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-02 12:34:40 - last edited 2022-12-05 16:31:18
Tags: #Notifications
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: Ver.1.6.1 Build.20220818 Rel.36456

Deco HW:

Deco SW: Ver.1.6.1 Build.20220818 Rel.36456

APP Ver: 3.0.19

Device: Android Version 11

Even with AntiVirus Notifications set to OFF,

I now continuously receive security alerts after the APP was upgraded

I have silenced the notifications via Android, but the Deco Icon notification is now almost constantly visible due to these alerts

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco Network Security Alert
2022-12-05 08:03:51

@MJStevens 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Have you even changed a different Deco unit as the main Deco before?

Besides the push notification on the smartphone notification history, would you see the same notification in the Message box on the Deco APP?

And could you please do me a favor to submit the Deco APP log to us:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/kb/detail/412592

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2022-12-05 16:24:12

Hi  @David-TP 

Have you even changed a different Deco unit as the main Deco before?

No, the Deco topology (and main unit) is as is from first install/activation.

Besides the push notification on the smartphone notification history, would you see the same notification in the Message box on the Deco APP?

Yes, as per screenshot below, as you may also notice, old upgrade warning also appear.

And could you please do me a favor to submit the Deco APP log to us:

yes, have sent Log via email

Options
2022-12-06 08:59:06 - last edited 2022-12-06 09:05:17

@MJStevens 

Hi, Thank you very much for the APP log.

I tested the Automation on my side and with all the notifications disabled, once the Automation is executed, the APP will still push a notification.

I think this part somehow might be independent of the Notification settings, and I will report to the senior engineers to see if there would be any improvement.

Currently, if you did not want to receive the notification, you might consider disabling the automation profile.

Best regards.

Options
2022-12-06 16:36:18
Hi @David-TP, Thanks for the quick response and resolution. I would have never found the cause, as I have never used the Smart Home part of the app... only using/focused on the Deco/Wifi functions. Now knowing the cause and looking back at the Deco notifications, the Network Security Alerts were all in the Smart Home message section, so I should have joined the points and dug deeper in that functionality, although I must only presume that this is a default configuration in the new APP as I certainly didn't set it up.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 455

Replies: 4

Tags

Notifications
Related Articles