There's a HUGE hole in this security system

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-09 00:02:10 - last edited 2021-01-09 00:03:41
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

There is something I don't understand. I am away and using the camera remotely for the first time. Works well, had a couple of disconnections but it's still working. Now... If the camera detects something I get a notification and then I go check the video recorded on the SD card. But suppose a thief comes in... Gets detected. He notices the camera (it's not made to be unnoticed). Unplugs the camera... Now sometime later I see the notification but have NO idea what happened. Shouldn't the camera at least make a screen cap and send it to the app on my phone? At least one image! It shouldn't be that hard to program, right?

Options
2 Reply
Re:There's a HUGE hole in this security system
2021-01-12 09:02:00 - last edited 2021-01-12 09:02:16

@SantiagoF 

Hi, thanks a lot for your feedback.

This has been reported to the senior engineers already for further evaluation.

If anyone had the same request, please feel free to update it here.

Thank you very much for your understanding and support.

Options
Re:There's a HUGE hole in this security system
2021-01-18 16:31:42

@SantiagoF 

Hi,

first of all:

I am a new user of a C200. Itself it works fine, hardware and also software. Very reliable.

But i think absolute the same. If somebody will enter the room he will see the cam and then just has to grab the cam and take it with him.

Why not? In this case it absolutely makes no difference if you have this cam installed or not. You will not know what happened and who entered.

I installed another really cheap camera at a friends house. This one is not even close in reliability compared to the C200.

But: If this camera detects motion it will send a few a few full-HD screenshots together with the notification.

This works very good and everything is clearly visible. I installed the cam outside the house door and now we can see everything what happend

in front of the door.

In my eyes this is the by far most important feature and as santiago already mentioned, without that the cam will be nearly useless in most of the cases!

I absolutely cant understand why not everybody is asking for that feature? How do you use this cam?

It would be absolut great to implement this feature in the future and i would immediately by more of them.

Also it would be great if i could choose the amount and the time between the captured pictures..

THX a lot...

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 486

Replies: 2

Related Articles