Wi Fi Printer connection issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-07-25 16:00:39
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Dear TP-Link

Please see discussion below with HP. I wondered whether you could shed any light on this?

Kind Regards - Cubereaction

Cubereaction response

Dear Sabretooth04, thanks for your reply. The irony here is that the AP is the router itself and not an extender. I have this morning set the router to channel 1 (printer only 1 metre away) and although I can connect perfectly with the powerline system switched off, it will not reconnect once the powerline system is switched on albeit the printer can identify the SSID , the powerline exenders are in other parts of my house. Another interesting issue is that when the powerline system is switched on,the printer can identify a plug in extender (not powerline) in yet another part of the house and will happily connect to it. This makes me think that the powerline system is causing confliction with my printer in the immediate vicinity of my router. Any other thoughts? - Kevin

HP responded

well first off HP wireless printers don't play very well with extenders. With that said, this has worked for others.

Make sure your Access Points are channels 1 & 6, 6 & 11 and 1 & 11.Same SSID password is fine.

Make sure the printer is closest to the AP that has Channel 1 set.

Let us know.

Cubereaction question

Hi, I have just installed a powerline system AV600 plus one additional extender (1 transmitter, 3 extenders). The system works perfectly except that my existing HP Photosmart 7520 printer does not connect to my home wifi network when the powerline system is switched on although it connects perfectly when the powerline sytem is switched off. The printer is only 1 metre away from my ee Brightbox 2 router and about 1 metre away from the powerline transmitter. My home network is not heavily used. The printer can see the wifi frequency (strong signal) but strangely will not connect when the powerline system is switched on. I have contacted ee and they have done some fine tuning on the router but this has not solved the problem. Interestingly, I have a plug-in dual band extender at the other end of my house and the printer can see this and will happily connect to it. It appears that there is a conflict between the powerline system, Brightbox 2 and my HP Photosmart printer. Please help? - Kevin
Options
6 Reply
Re:Wi Fi Printer connection issues
2017-07-25 17:37:20
I have this morning set the router to channel 1 printer only 1 metre away
Options
2017-07-25 17:40:00
What's the model of your powerline units? Do they have the same wifi name as your router? It's better to setup different names on them to have a test.
What's the Wireless Channel on the powerline extenders? Like HP said, it's better to use different channels on the router and powerline extenders to reduce the wireless interference, you also can try change the Channel Width on the powerline extenders to 20MHz.
Options
2017-07-25 18:40:15
Model No TL-WA4220, Firmware 1.2.9 160525 Rel35241n, Hardware WPA4220 V1.2. I have changes the names of each extenders so they are identified differently. they are all on the same frequency. The powerline channels are on Channels 1, 6 and 11 respectively. my router is on channel 1. The channel widths on the extenders are on auto. I hope this gives you enough info? Kevin Regards
Options
2017-07-25 20:30:01
If this printer is near the router, just turn off its WiFi and connect it via LAN cable. The printer will still be available for wireless clients in your LAN.
Options
2017-07-26 14:38:59
Thanks Peter M. Unfortunately I done have any more Ethernet ports spare. I will have to rationalise! Kind Regards
Options
2017-07-28 17:13:49
The issue is kind of strange. It might be the interference in the system. Not sure which device is interfering. If you disconnect the powerline unit from your router and keep it plugged in, will the printer work? Or if you just power off the unit which is plugged into your router, will the printer work? For the wifi part, also try to switch off the wifi function on the powerline extenders and check whether it will work. You can press the wifi button/LED on WPA4220 for 5 seconds to switch wifi off.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 658

Replies: 6

Related Articles