Archer C5400 V2 New Firmware Released

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C5400 V2 New Firmware Released

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
26 Reply
Re:Archer C5400 V2 New Firmware Released
2017-07-21 10:03:27
it seems that backup settings would ruin the parental controls or qos, it is better to reset it and reconfigure it.
Options
Re-config Router After Power Loss (Electricity Cut)
2017-07-24 11:05:12
After upgrade to latest firmware 1.2.0 Build 20170630 rel.49653(5553), each time the power loss (electricity cut), the router itself reset, and required re-configuration.
This is annoying, anyone experience this issue? is there any methods to fix this?
Options
2017-07-24 16:49:12

imsay wrote

After upgrade to latest firmware 1.2.0 Build 20170630 rel.49653(5553), each time the power loss (electricity cut), the router itself reset, and required re-configuration.
This is annoying, anyone experience this issue? is there any methods to fix this?

If you manually reboot the router, will it back to factory settings?
Options
2017-07-24 16:50:32

revenge wrote

I just received my AC5400 last night. I immediately upgraded the firmware to V2. I already have a Cisco router providing DHCP, QoS, and other services to this and another router that I have previously configured as a wireless access point with no problems. On V2 of the firmware, under Advanced, there is now an "Operation Mode". When I click that, I am presented to 2 options, "Router(current mode)" and "Access Point". When I click the radial button for Access Ponint and then click "Save" I get a warning box that reminds me the router will be rebooted. I click Yes to continue and then I immediately get an error message "Mode Switching Failed. Please try again later or reboot your router". I've rebooted the router 3 times. It doesn't want to take I checked in the manual and this is the process that's described on page 18, section 4.3. This router is supposed to be very good router but this is frustrating and from what I've read elsewhere, trying to configure this as an access point manually, seems like a pain. Any suggestions?

What's the firmware version of your router? Did you try a hard reset?
Options
2017-07-26 16:12:44

imsay wrote

What language did you choose? I also had this problem. After the change to English it did not occur anymore. But still remains a bug.
Options
Access Point problem...FIXED!!
2017-07-27 09:03:19

Shield101 wrote

What's the firmware version of your router? Did you try a hard reset?

So just to update this issue...After waiting on hold to speak with technical support, the agent confirmed what I already knew, it's a bug with the firmware and it was escalated to their "escalation team"..great name, I know. She said that someone would call or e-mail me. I was e-mailed the next day by Carl and here's what he suggested:

I tested this feature in a Archer C5400 V2 on the latest FW Build

20170630. I was able to get it to work and here is how. I had the networksetting set to Smart IP(DHCP) and DHCP server on. Since this is a true APmode and not cut and paste like some routers setting it up like this isactually the default setting. Have you tried this setup? Also pleaseconfirm the firmware version you are using and let me know.RegardsCarl | TP-Link Escalations

My reply: "I am using firmware v. 1.2.0 build 20170630 rel. 49653(5553). I've turnedon the DHCP server (previous turned off by default) but I don't see a"Smart IP" setting anywhere in the Advanced network settings"...We then went over how to dump my setting to a backup file so I could sent them to him and also a screenshot of what I saw, however it never got that far.

Here is how I finally got it to work for anyone with the same issue:.
1) Hard reset the router
2) During the configuration, setup all 3 bands with the exact same SSID and password. (this is where I went wrong. I had named all 3 bands something different)
3) Complete the basic configuration and then once in the main page, click on the "Operational Mode" tab and select "Access Point". It will run some automated configuration and tell you the router needs to reboot. Upon rebooting the router, I now had a functioning access point on the same subnet as the rest of my network.

The only new glitch I now notice is I can no longer connect to the router's control panel through a web browser over wi-fi (haven't tried hardwired), but I can through the Tether app. Go figure..I hope this helps someone else in the same spot.
Cheers!
Options