Changed Router but now my WPA4220KIT virtually ineffective!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-06-01 01:51:36
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi - I hope someone can help. I have the TP-Link WPA4220KIT. I've recently changed my ISP and the new one (Zen Internet UK) sent me a new router as part of the deal. I reconnected my Powerline Adaptor to the new router and cloned the Routers Wi-Fi settings to the Extender as per the Installation Guide. I then moved the Extender back to its normal spot in my Garden Room. On my iPad there, I get 3 bars on the WiFi range indicator and the Extender seems to be flashing its lights as normal, but the speed of loading pages is SOOOOOOO slow. My iPad was fine with the same Extender and my old router (supplied from my previous ISP) but not with this new router. Anyone got any suggestions?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Changed Router but now my WPA4220KIT virtually ineffective!
2017-06-04 01:31:41
Don't clone... you just confuse your devices. You are probably connecting to your farther router and dont even know it. Just make a secondary access point with its own credentials and you will know exactly what you are connecting to.

It should come as no surprise, but you are connecting both wall outlets into the same exact outlet as before? New ISP is still a cable operator?
Options
Re:Changed Router but now my WPA4220KIT virtually ineffective!
2017-06-05 18:12:17
Hi jeffmd - I don't have a "farther router" as you suggest, just the one new one from my new ISP ( I ditched my old router from Sky) so I had no option but to factory-reset my TP-Link extender and set it up again and clone the extender to work with the new router.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 359

Replies: 2

Related Articles