Connecting a switch or dumb network hub to Archer C9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-03-30 20:47:38
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hey guys,

Using my Archer C9 as the main router in my house at the moment which is wired for ethernet. It sits on the ground floor in the office next to a patch panel and connects to the Virgin Media router (in router only mode).

I have some plans including mucking around with various home built servers, a NAS solution and other stuff. Obviously I need more than the four network ports in the back of the Archer C9 so I wanted to know if I could connect a simple Netgear home or business switch (something like this say http://www.netgear.com/business/products/switches/unmanaged/FS105.aspx#tab-techspecs ) to extend my network enough to cover all the extra stuff I want to use? I did have a very old switch which I tried to use but nothing was getting through to the C9 and vice versa?

Any help would certainly be appreciated.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Connecting a switch or dumb network hub to Archer C9
2017-04-02 18:39:12
Sure you can use a switch to extend the number of ports, why not?
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 978

Replies: 1

Related Articles