Archer T1U OSX Sierra 10.12.3 Driver?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer T1U OSX Sierra 10.12.3 Driver?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:Archer T1U OSX Sierra 10.12.3 Driver?
2017-10-17 00:17:21
just registered to add a post about Archer T1U and OSX, i've bought this as it states that it is osx compatible, but when i installed it from CD, the wireless utility won't open. does nothing. Where can i get a refund TP-Link?
Options
"ElCapitan" folder is misspelled into folder "Driver"
2017-10-23 22:18:55

deathanddrek wrote

I have this functioning in Sierra 10.12.5. I don't assume responsibility if you follow these instructions but they are provided in good faith.

Inspired by this post: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/522-mediatek-mt7610u-mt7612u-kext-and-network-utility-sierra-working/

Steps:

1. Download http://static.tp-link.com/Archer T1U(US)_V1_161223_Mac.zip

2. The zipfile does not extract for me easily using command-line unzip or the Finder built-in so do this in Terminal.app:
unzip Archer\ T1U\(US\)_V1_161223_Mac.zip Archer_T1U\(US\)_V1_161223/TP-LINK_Installer.dmg

3. Double-click TP-LINK_Installer.dmg in Finder

4. Copy Installer.pkg to somewhere on your HDD

5. In Terminal.app:
$ pkgutil --expand Installer.pkg InstallerContents

$ cd InstallerContents/
$ ls
Distribution Resources rt2870resources.pkg
$ cd rt2870resources.pkg/
$ ls
Bom PackageInfo Payload Scripts
$ file Payload
Payload: gzip compressed data, from Unix
$ mv Payload Payload.gz
$ gunzip Payload.gz
$ file Payload
Payload: ASCII cpio archive (pre-SVR4 or odc)
$ cpio -i < Payload

39362 blocks
$ ls
API Driver PackageInfo Scripts
Bom Other Payload UI
$ cd Driver/
$ ls
EICapitan Lion MountainLion Yosemite
Leopard Mavericks SnowLeopard
$ cd EICapitan/
$ ls

RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext

Follow these instructions to install that specific kext: http://osxdaily.com/2012/01/12/how-to-manually-install-kernel-extensions-in-mac-os-x/

Once restarted, remount the TP-LINK_Installer.dmg and run the Installer.pkg inside it like you normally would. Restart again. When you log in with this user, the Wireless Utility should start up and you can select your Wireless SSID and connect. Done!

I have found for other users you need to set up the Wireless Utility that was installed in /Applications/TP-LINK Wireless Utility as a login item under System Settings > Users & Groups > (User) > Login Items.

Hope that helps!

"ElCapitan" folder is misspelled into folder "Driver". What is supposed to be "l" (ell) is a capital "i" after the capital "E" in "ElCapitan", I know how to rename the file, but I don't know how to rebuild the Install.pkg with this fix.

On the other side,... I followed the instructions but no success on High Sierra.
Options
2017-10-24 02:37:51
$ cd Driver/
$ ls
[SIZE=4][FONT=times new roman]EICapitan Lion MountainLion Yosemite[/FONT][/SIZE]
Leopard Mavericks SnowLeopard
$ cd [SIZE=4][FONT=times new roman]EICapitan /[/FONT][/SIZE]
$ ls

RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext

ElCapitan folder is misspelled inside Installer.pkg. What is supposed to be an "l" (lowercase ell) is a capital "i". Maybe a bug that makes installer doesn't work. I don't know how to rebuild the installer once the folder is renamed to its correct name.

On the other side, I've tried deathanddrek step-by-step procedure but the dongle didn't work on my MacBook Pro (HighSierra)
Options
2017-10-24 13:40:17
I have checked that NO driver for MAC os 10.12 on tp-llink official website, only up to OS10.11 for this adapter now
Options
Related Articles