Archer C7 v1 latest firmware FTP Problem (3.15.3 Build 150511 Rel.55816n)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-03-12 03:17:06
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello, my router model TP-Link Archer C7 v1 has made me very mad in the last few weeks.
I have tried all known tutorials, faq's from tp-link site and other sources but nothing helped.

The problem is the following:

I set up my ftp server according to the tutorial : http://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-341.html, the interface is a little bit different for the V1 but in essence the same.
I use a 32gb Sandisk USB flash drive.

Shared what needed to be shared, created users, started the FTP Server, unchanged Port (21).

The problem is that i can acces the ftp on the local ip adress the routers local ip 192.168.0.1, but i can't on the wan ip

I also use a ddns host configured in the router from no-ip. I use the same ddns address to access the routers configuration page from my phone when i am not home, so i know that the ddns works.

The ftp server works with my wan or ddns host only if i put the routers ip in DMZ, if not it doesn't allow anything to connect to the FTP server even if a change the port, i also used other ports but none worked.
So my question is what can i do other than to leave my router in DMZ forever. Also port forwarding any ip i set in the ftp configuration gives a conflict error. If i leave the router in DMZ ON i can access the FTP even if internet access is turned off in ftp settings, so that is kind off not an option for me :))

Thank you for taking a few minutes to read my problem. Also i searched the forum for my specific problem with C7 router and the search form said that there is nothing about it. So if there is and i didn't find it, i am sorry.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C7 v1 latest firmware FTP Problem (3.15.3 Build 150511 Rel.55816n)
2017-03-31 01:45:04
Funny I have exact same problem only that my Archer C7 is V2. However WAN FTP work fine before I reset to factory settings. Now I can't get it to work. LAN FTP is fine. I'm thinking of reflashing the firmware again. I also notice your post is MARCH 11 and no one has answered your issue. I hope admin will see this and fix yours and my issue.
Options
Re:Archer C7 v1 latest firmware FTP Problem (3.15.3 Build 150511 Rel.55816n)
2017-04-05 01:12:54
If you try it on regular port, from your LAN, it doesn't work.
To test it, I added a random port (2221 or whatever) forwarded to the router IP. This way, it's working with ddns as well. (with :2221 appended)
From outside your LAN though, that random port doesn't work, you can access it on 21, or without specifying a port, or on the normal port the FTP server is set to (havent tested)
Options