Archer C7 v2: Username/Passwort ist not working after upgrade and restore

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-02-20 01:25:36
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Today I have installed a new fimware on my Archer C2 v2.
  1. I backuped the current  configuration on my PC, because I changed the configuration a lot.
  2. I installed the new firmware with the upgrade functionality
  3. After restarting the router I logged in with admin/admin. Everything seemed to be working
  4. Then I restored the backup from 1. The router restartet and all settings seemed to be correct (new network addresses etc.)
  5. But then I could not login. The used username/passwort combination did not work nor the admin/admin combination.
  6. So the only solution was the reset to factory defaults, login using admin/admin and then configure evrything manually
So why does the config file not work regarding the username/password?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer C7 v2: Username/Passwort ist not working after upgrade and restore
2017-03-15 01:11:11
Excellent question, same problem. Though now i'd sad to see it's a known issue that is being ignored :(
Options
Locked out of C7 after firmware upgrade
2017-03-15 04:34:41
Same problem and I notice others had it years ago with another one of their routers. I had to upgrade b/c the router was so buggy and now this. What a mistake to buy this product.

http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?77516-WDR4300-Cannot-log-in-after-updating-firmware
Options
2017-03-15 14:20:13
May I know your current firmware version?
And could you please send the configuration file and will have a check on my side.
Options
2017-03-20 03:00:46
Thank you. The name of the firmware update file I used is: ArcherC7v2_en_us_3_15_1_up_boot(160719). I'm hesitant to post the configuration file here in this forum - is there some detail I can check for?
Options
2017-03-20 05:36:25
Signed up just now to say the same, locked out after firmware update. What do we do now?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 929

Replies: 5

Related Articles