Archer C7 v2 - FTP w more than 1 user/pass?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-27 03:47:55
Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 160616

ISP :

Is USB - User Accounts (like in V1 firmware) planned in future V2 firmware?

in v2 160616 firmware I can only choose from using my router login credentials, or use a different user/pass.
But I find no way to add more than one user

I have a USB pendrive plugged in which I can acces on my home network and by ftp as well, which is great.
Now, if I want to share a file/folder with someone via ftp, of course I don't want to expose to content of the whole drive, so I create a share folder.
But, by doing this, I'm loosing my access, as there's only one user, I'm also limited to that folder, until I change everything back, and if want to share something with others, again, I have to add the folder, add the user ...etc
This limitation is quite counter-intuitive

The router has 2 USB ports, so it could be easily used with 2 drives;
one for "public" ftp with limited access, and one for me / for sharing on my home network with unlimited access,
IF there was a way to add multiple users and set different permissions / lock them to specific folders...

I only have this router for a couple a weeks, so I'm not sure if it's really a lack of functionality of the firmware, or I missed something? :o
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C7 v2 - FTP w more than 1 user/pass?
2021-03-21 17:40:28

Hello TP-LINK SUPPORT - WHY THERE IS NO ANSWER ??? Same question for me.

Options
Re:Archer C7 v2 - FTP w more than 1 user/pass?
2021-05-31 20:36:35

@Timuk Many of the cheaper TP-Link devices allow multiple FTP accounts.

But if you buy the much more expensive devices... they *REMOVED* that feature.

Needless to say... I'll never buy another TP-Link device.

The developers just don't know what they are doing.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 733

Replies: 2

Related Articles