Archer C8 - lost connections on WiFi 5GHz - 16 devices connected - Debian

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-11-09 21:09:46
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

From the beginning:
Is there any limit of q'ty devices connected via WiFi 5Ghz at the same time with Archer C8 ?
Like in title:

AP = Archer C8 with [FONT=verdana]WPA2-PSK & AES[/FONT]
[*]I connected 16 devices via 5GHz WiFi and I am going to connect next ones.
[*]As network card is:

[*] TP-Link T4U connected via USB - chipset RTL8812au - 14 pcs,
[*] Intel 3160 - internal in laptop - 2 pcs (the same problem).

[*]Distance is up to 15 metrs in open space, no walls, the C8 is in the middle under ceiling, no problem with power, etc.
[*]The OS is Debian 8,6 with latest updates, network managed via Network-Manager.
[*]The module for network card was from TPLink website and from GitHub (https://github.com/diederikdehaas/rtl8812AU/tree/driver-4.3.20) - both compiled without problem and work perfect, no kernel panic, etc.

In the past was TPLINK TL-WDR4300 and devices worked OK. After changed AP to C8 on most computers in randomize time the connection is broken. I was thinking about malfunction of C8 but the disconnections are on the defferent devices in randomized time. Some devices are perfect connect full day, the other are disconnected in random time, next day the reverse.
There is no other WiFi network 5GHz in the office - WiFi scan shows no other than my WiFi.
What can be the problem?
Or what should I test/check/setup?
Any advice?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 466

Replies: 0

Related Articles