Archer C8v1 Firmware update = Bricked

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-08-27 22:04:47
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

As per the Title, I updated the Firmware on my ArcherC8 as it kept dropping the WiFi, The update procedure to (515 I think) went without a hitch, or so I thought, however I was not able to access the router after the update. I tried to update the firmware to an earlier version via TFTP, however its still a brick.
I bought this unit in January this year from Amazon Spain, for a holiday home I have in Spain. I have sent an email to soporte.es@tp-link.com ref. asking for help and how I can return the unit as its still under warranty.

So now for the questions:-
Do TP Link honour their warranty when units like this are bricked during firmware updates, or am I better off not wasting my time and just go and buy another router?
If I buy another TP Router, possibly a C9 this time, how do I ensure I get a v3 not a v1? Possibly from Amazon UK this time. I did enquire from Amazon Spain and was told it would be the latest spec, however they sent me a C8v1

Thanks in advance
Syd
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C8v1 Firmware update = Bricked
2016-09-01 15:06:38
Good News, Amazon did not want to know, TP Link sent me an email stating it was an Amazon issue, Copied the email contents to Amazon, All good new Router turned up, C8 but this time a v2.
Options
Re:Archer C8v1 Firmware update = Bricked
2016-09-05 15:43:49
congratulations
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 685

Replies: 2

Related Articles