Archer D7 - USB printer controller not working with OS X El Captain

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
67 Reply
2016-01-18 17:48:07

Fatalityap wrote

This is strange, maybe we can try to write Apple?

I think that it's a goog idea while there are other soft thet are not working with OSX el Capitan as android transfer and the new disk utility is no working fine like the old one
Options
Re:Archer D7 - USB printer controller not working with OS X El Captain
2016-01-19 09:53:09
My opinion is clear in this matter: these companies including TP-Link being located in China and having lots of retards programmers simply do not qualify at the intelligence level to find a fix. The questions is simple: How come well-known router providers such as Linksys, Asus, etc could work with latest Mac and TP-Link not?
Options
2016-02-15 16:52:21
Hi all
Just bought a VR900 assuming it was the top of the range xDSL modem. It is a cheat, since it does not work with a printer on OS X 10.11 and TP Link should be sued for dishonest advertising.
I also discovered that another company called Silex has the same software and it is called SX Virtual Link and that does not work either on 10.11. I had a reply to my ticket from TP Link and it says
" Thank you very much for your email requesting information about our product.
This is Joanna from TP-LINK technical support.

Apologize for any inconvenient caused for you. The source code published by Apple was not include the information that the USB printer controller need. So we can not provide any solution due to the short of information.
Sorry again for the problem caused for you."
:confused:
This attitude from a company selling expensive products is just unacceptable!
TP Link should code the printer controller into the firmware of the device and not issue a non-working piece of software that they didn't write themselves!
I am selling my VR900 on eBay today and buying a NETSCAPE Nighthawk!
Pity TP Link... but then I do not expect you to read this forum anyway!!
Options
2016-02-15 16:55:28
[/I]

richardsb24 wrote

Answer from TP-Link:Buenos días.

La última respuesta a su problema recibida en Octubre, le indicaba que por el momento no existía ninguna solución. Lamentamos comunicarle que no hemos recibido avances sobre la resolución de su incidencia. Disculpe las molestias.

Gracias por confiar en nosotros.
Translation
" Hello,
The last answer to your problem you've got in October was that actually there was no solution.We apologize to say that we don't receive any news about this incidence.Sorry for the

inconvenience .

Thank you for trusting us."

Sorry if my english is poor.
Regards
Richard

You can add this one to the collection on this forum:
Thank you very much for your email requesting information about our product.
This is Joanna from TP-LINK technical support.

Apologize for any inconvenient caused for you. The source code published by Apple was not include the information that the USB printer controller need. So we can not provide any solution due to the short of information.
Sorry again for the problem caused for you.
Options
2016-02-15 17:00:22

Fatalityap wrote

This is strange, maybe we can try to write Apple?

hi, I have but they do not do much for third parties software. The TP Link controller is a clone from another company anyway and it will never work if it is not integrated in the firmware...
Options
2016-02-15 19:47:45
Here is the latest reply to my ticket with TP Link:

"Dear Alfredo,

Many thanks for your valuable reply.
I have forward your case to our senior engineer, and they will have an analysis and explain for you, please keep patient and they will contact you soon once they got any suggestions.
Thanks again for your kinder information and cooperation."

Let us start counting the days, weeks and month (and years?) before their solution is published!
:confused::(
Options
2016-02-16 01:53:51
Why are my posts being censored? None of them has been published by the moderator. The issue of a non-working software on OS X 10.11 must surely be high on the agenda??
No beta? No solutions?
Options
2016-02-16 17:11:58
I have started a new thread here: Printer share on modem/router xDSL OS X 10.11
A
lso you can write to Apple here https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/
S
ee the new thread for some info why the controller does not work in 10.11:
it is a missing API...
Options
2016-02-17 17:10:20
Hi all,
TP Link is moving on this:
" On the other hand, we have got the source code published by Apple recently, so we are making a new printer Utility now .
Maybe we could release a printer Utility before long, about few months later."
[FONT=arial]
From an email by Support at TP Link

Thank you!
Apple has asked me to test the app on 10.11.3 and report back. Doing that today and will report back here soon.

[/FONT]
Options
2016-02-22 21:00:04
As I wrote before, it is a matter of incompetence on behalf of TP-Link nothing more! I am not sure we will ever see a fix to work with El Capitan.
Options
Related Articles