N600 TD-W9980 Setting up just doesn't work first time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-07-18 20:35:38
Region : New ZealandModel : TD-W9980Hardware Version : V1Firmware Version : LatestISP : N/AMy router is set up at the moment, however if I now do a quick setup to set it up again, everything seems to go through fine, the last thing I recall is its going to delete my current setup, thats fine, but once I hit that button to continue, it deletes the current setup, forgets everything I filled in previously, doesn't create a new setup and now any attempt to setup again just fails with errors, even trying to set it up manually won't work.It doesn't stop there...I now have to reset to factory defaults, then run through the quick setup. Everything looks good, hit that button to continue, runs its test, everything appears fine. Get to the status page and I see that the SSID and password for the 5GHz band stayed default even though I changed it. Now I can't use quick setup again or the above happens, so I find the 5GHz settings, change SSID and password, save it, return to status page and either only the SSID changed or the password, never both. So I repeat again changing only the one that needs changing.Now thats how quickly it takes me to set this router up, not quick at all. Only had this router for a few weeks and am not impressed and the first thing I did was get the latest firmware.I have thought about downgrading firmware if possible and just thinking about it, haven't rebooted to see if thats all it needs but will test it when I can be bothered, so much effort to set it up, I avoid it if i can.There's many little annoyances too but I'll note them later.
Options
2 Reply
Re:N600 TD-W9980 Setting up just doesn't work first time
2015-07-18 20:40:04
Sorry for formatting, using my phone but line breaks ain't working.
Options
Re:N600 TD-W9980 Setting up just doesn't work first time
2015-07-20 17:26:51
Did you set it up using wired connection? Any problems now with your connection?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 531

Replies: 2

Related Articles