TD-W8980 ADSL modem with TL-WA901ND wireless repeaters

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-11-12 04:17:39
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WA901ND

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version :

ISP : BT

Hi. I am looking to replace and ageing Netgear modem and wireless AP's with the following:

TD-W8980 ADSL modem with 2 x TL-WA901ND

The AP Repeaters need to connect wirelessly to the modem and repeat the signal further, while also allowing a wired connection to a PC on the repeater.

The modem is at one end of the house, one AP will be downstairs in an office (20m) and the other will be at the other side of the house to provide wireless to an outside building and that side of the house. The house is very old with thick stone walls.

I have already tried replacing the old kit with new D-Link modem and AP's but they were unstable and kept dropping off. I then replaced these with a new Netgear modem and two Netgear AP's (not repeaters, doh!), but they also dropped while in client mode. In the end the router was found to be faulty.

Will the boxes mentioned above provide a stable usable solution? The customer doesn't want to spent too much on a solution.

Thanks in advance.
Options
1 Reply
Re:TD-W8980 ADSL modem with TL-WA901ND wireless repeaters
2014-11-12 11:42:40
In my opinion, TD-W8980 and powerline extender kit should be better. How do you think?
http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/?categoryid=&model=TL-WPA4220T+KIT

Options