Generate an alarm when the AP fails to provide connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-11-06 11:24:11
Region : Mexico

Model : TL-WA901ND

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 3.16.6 Build 130528 Rel.42267n

ISP : Cablemas

My Access Point sometimes fails and drops the connections. I have to reboot when I realize this, but there are several individuals depending on this connection so how can I get an electronic alarm when the AP fails? Is the Ping Dogwatch the solution? How do I configure it and test it? Is it common that this AP has trouble managing around 13 wifi connections at a time?
Options
1 Reply
Re:Generate an alarm when the AP fails to provide connection
2014-11-06 15:07:59
On its web interface, you can enable ping watch dog.
Copied from Help:
The Ping Watch Dog is dedicated for continuous monitoring of the particular connection to remote host using the Ping tool. It makes this device continuously ping a user defined IP address (it can be the internet gateway for example). If it is unable to ping under the user defined constraints, this device will automatically reboot.

13 is too many...How about 8~10? You can reduce the number of wireless clients and test if it will be working stable
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 386

Replies: 1

Related Articles